Update an email template
To update an email template go to the admin menu and select email templates. The email templates screen will appear. Select the email template you wish to edit and click on the name.
The following screen appears:
- Name: The email template name.
- From Address: This the email you want the email to be sent from. If the customer wants to reply to the email, this the account the email will be sent to.
- To Address: This is the address to send the email to. This field support variables. To send the email to the customer email address just type customer in this field.
- CC Address: Type an email address you want to cc in the email.
- BCC Address: Type an email address you want to bcc in the email.
- Subject: The subject of the email. This field also support variables.
- Body: The body of the email. This field also support variables.
- Is HTML: Indicates whether to send the email as text or as HTML.
- Serial Number For Test: For testing purposes, you can type a serial number that already exists in LicenseSpot so you can check how the email will look for the customer. Typing a serial number will simulate what happens when the email is created and how the variables are filled.
Click Save to update or Send Test to test the email.