The runtime.lic contains the private code necessary to validate that a license is valid. It will also validate the license hasn't been altered in any way. The runtime.lic file is different for each key pair. This means that a license create with a different key pair than the one contained in runtime.lic will fail validation.
You can donwload the runtime.lic file by going to the key pairs screen of the Admin -> Key Pairs and select Download Public Key:
The next step is to embed the file in your Visual Studio project. When validating, IPManager will automatically scan your assembly looking for the runtime.lic file.
To embed the file:
- Open Visual Studio and then open your project.
- Right click on the project and select Add Existing Item.
- Select the runtime.lic file.
- Click OK.
- Click on the added file and select Properties.
- Set the Build Action property to Embedded Resource.
- Compile the project.